Doug Poling was born in Denver, Colorado and grew up in Broomfield. He attended the University of Colorado at Boulder on the Eisenhower-Evans Scholarship, earning his Bachelor’s degree in Economics and English. Doug obtained his Juris Doctorate from California Western School of Law.
Doug began his law practice in 1991 with a personal injury firm in Denver where he represented clients in a wide array of accident related claims and litigation. In 2000 he accepted a position as in-house defense counsel for a Fortune 100 insurance company. Since then, Doug has exclusively practiced insurance defense law with emphasis in the areas of personal injury, commercial liability, automobile and trucking accidents, premises liability, uninsured/underinsured motorist claims and wrongful death. Doug has tried several cases to verdict in state and federal courts in Colorado.
• University of Colorado at Boulder, B.A. Economics and English, 1985
• California Western School of Law, J.D., 1991
• United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
• United States District Court for the District of Colorado
• Colorado state courts
• Colorado Bar Association
• Denver Bar Association
• Colorado Defense Lawyers Association