Kacey was born and raised on Chicago’s North Shore and relocated to Colorado in 2016. She received her Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, with a minor in Spanish, from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee in 2007. She went on to earn her Juris Doctorate from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 2010. Kacey joined White and Steele in 2016, and she focuses her practice on defending hospitals, physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers against claims of medical and institutional negligence.
Before joining White and Steele, Kacey worked for several Chicago law firms where she defended clients in professional liability, insurance, and personal injury matters. Her previous experience includes serving as first chair during more than 50 jury trials.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2010
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 2007
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Illinois state courts
- Wyoming state courts
- Colorado state courts – practice temporarily authorized pending admission under C.R.C.P. 205.6
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute