Law Firm IT Administrative and Support Specialist
Performs Active Directory and User account administration. Manage, implement, support, and troubleshoot workstation updates, patches, and routine system maintenance. Work closely with a variety of law firm computer users and the service team.
- Support Windows 7 and 10 systems.
- Work with O365 services including Azure based systems.
- Develop, maintain, and prepare documentation related to management of hardware and software.
- Ensure system documentation follows best practices, is up-to-date, and accurate.
- Participation in development of policies and procedures for law firm computer usage.
- Perform Active Directory and User account administration (create/modify AD accounts, Mail accounts, and other user accounts).
- Evaluate and make recommendations for hardware & software system upgrades, patches and improvements, and procure software and hardware renewals.
- Set up and maintain user mailboxes in O365.
- Set up and configure user workstations and train the users on all technical aspects of the system.
- Set up and maintain users’ accounts with CEFS, Lexis, and any other web services as necessary.
- Set up and maintain accounts for network-based user services including copiers, printers, and scanners and troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Configure and maintain user’s voice mail and entry door access accounts.
- Monitor network, internet connectivity and the network backbone, which includes the Firewall, Switches, and Wiring.
- Diagnose and remedy IT environment issues; manage escalations to telecom and software providers.
- Assess and monitor in real-time the organization’s security measures, such as firewalls, anti-virus software and passwords, to identify and prevent any weak points that might make the IT environment vulnerable to attack.
- Maintain disaster recovery plan with supporting documentation.
- Maintain database containing detailed list of the location, user assignment, configuration of hardware and installed software, software license keys, and warranty information for all firm-owned hardware including servers, docking stations, laptops, desktops, and printers.
- Maintain firm trial laptop and Trial Director software and maintain and setup A/V equipment as needed.
- Create, maintain and update Word templates.
- Maintain and update the organization’s intranet webpages.
- Serve as backup to Copy Center Technician for support of leased printers, faxes, and media duplication as needed.
- Microsoft Windows 7/10, & O365 & Gmail
- Experience with Dell Hardware.
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016
- Adobe Acrobat X, XI, DC, 2017, pro and standard
- PowerShell scripting experience desired.
- Understanding of Active Directory Group Policy.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related technical field, or Associate Degree and 3 years of experience.
- 2 years of hands-on with Microsoft server and workstation software.
- Professional work experience evaluating, troubleshooting, and resolving hardware and software problems.