Matthew W. Tills was born in Buffalo, New York.
After receiving his undergraduate degree and before heading for law school, Matt lived in London, England for a year before moving to Washington D.C. where he worked for a political consulting firm. After law school, Matt clerked for the Kansas Court of Appeals (1991-1992), and then became a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Missouri (1992-1993). He began work as an in-house attorney for ITT Hartford in Kansas City, Missouri, handling both tort and workers´ compensation cases in Kansas and Missouri (1993-1996). Matt became associated with White and Steele in April of 1996, focusing his work solely on workers’ compensation cases. He became an officer of the firm in 2001. In 2008, he became a shareholder and is currently one of the managing shareholders of the firm.
Matt is a member of the Colorado Self-Insured Association and frequently lectures on workers’ compensation issues. He is Past President of the Professional in Workers’ Compensation organization. Matt also is a member of the CBA Workers’ Compensation Section. He was also honored as the “Respondent Attorney of the Year” by PWC in 1996 and 2010. Colorado Super Lawyers Magazine has recognized Matt as one of Colorado’s top workers’ compensation attorneys.
- St. Lawrence University, B.A. Political Science, 1984
- Washburn University School of Law, J.D., 1991
- Member, Washburn Law Journal 1990-1991
- Colorado state courts
- Utah state courts
- Professionals in Workers Compensation, Past President
- Colorado Bar Association, Past President of Work Comp Section
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Colorado Self-Insured Association
- Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Colorado