Stephen R. Higgins was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota and grew up in Minnesota.
Following his undergraduate degree and graduation from law school, Steve became Chief Deputy District Attorney in Denver (1972-1977) and then worked as Managing Trial Attorney with Home Insurance Company in the State of Colorado for fourteen years.
During his 40 years of trial practice, Steve has successfully tried automobile, truck, premises liability, commercial litigation, professional liability (legal and dental), construction, products liability, real estate and workers’ compensation cases throughout the State of Colorado.
- Colorado College, B.A., 1969
- University of Denver College of Law, J.D., 1972
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Colorado state courts
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association