Tracy L. Zuckett was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, received her Bachelor’s degree in English with a minor in theatre from Marietta College in Ohio and her Juris Doctorate from Saint Louis University School of Law in Missouri. Continuing her westward journey, Tracy joined White and Steele after relocating to Denver from St. Louis. With White and Steele, Tracy has expanded her medical liability focused practice to also include real estate professional liability, personal injury, property damage, and employment law in both Colorado and Wyoming. Tracy has received a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rating, the highest peer rating given to attorneys.
While in St. Louis, as a Principal with two well-known insurance defense litigation firms, Tracy focused her practice on the defense of medical and long-term care professionals and facilities as well as pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers/distributors matters in Missouri and Illinois at the state and federal level and on appeal. Tracy achieved excellent results for her clients at trial and received Top 20 Defense Verdicts (Missouri Lawyers Weekly) in 2004 and 2005. She also assisted physicians in licensing and other regulatory matters before the Missouri Board of Healing Arts.
Tracy served on the Board of Directors of the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers and was 1st Vice-President of the Lawyers Association of St. Louis. She was repeatedly named a Missouri “Rising Star” in the area of Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice. Tracy has several publications and has delivered presentations to her colleagues on topics related to civil trial tactics and legal ethics. She has also presented to medical care providers on risk management issues and participation in the defense of medical liability claims.
Tracy continues her active involvement with DRI, an international organization dedicated to defending civil lawsuits, including past roles of Chair of the 2016 DRI Medical Liability and Health Care Law Seminar and Publications Chair for the Medical Liability and Health Care Law committee. She is currently Panel Counsel Chair for the 2017 Medical Liability and Health Care Law Seminar.
- Saint Louis University School of Law, Phi Alpha Delta, 1999
- Marietta College, B.A., 1996
- Omicron Delta Kappa (leadership honorary)
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Colorado state courts
- Wyoming state courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- Missouri state courts
- Illinois state courts – inactive
- United States District Court for the District of Wyoming
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Co-author – Defending Colorado Real Estate Brokers From Personal Injury Claims: An Analysis of Colorado’s Premises Liability Act and Negligence Framework (May 2015)
- Co-author – No Physician-Patient Relationship Means No Duty, Right? Warning: Get a Second Opinion, For the Defense, DRI (August 2014)
- Author, Tips for Locating, Retaining and Preparing Experts, The MedLaw Update, DRI (December 2012)
- Author, Resident Death Ends Nursing Home Punitive Damages Claims in Illinois, The MedLaw Update, DRI (June 2011)
- Author, Why “Never Events” Are Not Negligence Per Se, The MedLaw Update, DRI (April 2010)
- Author, Supreme Court of Missouri Overrules Thirty Years of “Erroneous” Rules and Distinguished Subject Matter Jurisdiction from Statutory Authority Over Civil Claims, MODL Newsletter (Winter 2010)
- Editor, Current Issues in Medical Liability and Health Care Law CD-ROM, DRI, Defense Library Series (2009)
- Author, The Permissible Scope of Cross Examination of Expert Medical Witnesses, Journal of The Missouri Bar (September/October 2000)
- Presenter, National Business Institute: Medical Malpractice A-Z Seminar, “The Expert’s Role: How to Make or Break Your Case” and “Tips and Tricks for Successful Settlement Negotiations” (2012)
- Panel presenter, Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers/Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel: An Illinois and Missouri Comparative Law Seminar, “Trying Cases in Missouri and Illinois: Experts, Settlement and Jury Selection” (2012)
- Presenter, Saint Louis University School of Medicine Pediatric Resident Retreat: Professional Liability and Insurance, “The New Physician’s Frequently Asked Questions” (2008-2012)
- Presenter, DRI Medical Liability and Health Care Law Seminar, “Helpful Hints and Practical Pointers for Young Litigators: Recruiting, Preparing and Deposing Expert Witnesses” (2011)
- Presenter, National Business Institute: Anatomy 101 for Lawyers Seminar, “Medical Terminology and Documentation” (2010-2011)