Kevin W. Hecht was born in Omaha, Nebraska, and grew up in the Denver metropolitan area.
After a diverse work history that included working on an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico, building furniture and a number of years in the restaurant business, Kevin completed college and law school. While at law school, Kevin was selected to serve as the graduate assistant to the Dean of the Law School. His interest in litigation was apparent; he served an internship with the Boulder District Attorney’s office and represented clients through the law school’s practice program, successfully trying a number of cases before graduation.
Kevin came to White and Steele in 1995 and was named a shareholder in 2002. His practice has emphasized trial work and representation of management in labor relations. He has tried a number of gas explosion and electric contact or electrocution cases, automobile accidents, bad faith liability and commercial litigation matters, along with representing employers in proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board. He has arbitrated scores of cases, advised management and participated in the formation of various corporate strategies dealing with management’s relationship with the work force. He has successfully argued cases in the Colorado Court of Appeals, the Colorado Supreme Court and the 10th Circuit. Kevin has completed the National Institute for Trial Advocacy’s Advanced Trial Advocacy course.
- University of Colorado at Boulder, B.A., 1983
- University of Denver College of Law, J.D., 1986
- United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States Supreme Court
- Colorado state courts
- Colorado Bar Association
- First Judicial District Bar Association
- Public Service Company v. NLRB, 318 F.3d 1173 (10th Cir. 2003)
- Henderson v. Master Klean, 70 P.3d 612 (Colo. App. 2003)
- Jacque v. Public Service, 890 P.2d 138 (Colo. App. 1994)
- Thompson v. Public Service Company, 773 P.2d 1103; 4 BNA IER CAS 342; 130 LRRM 3204 (Colo. App. 1988); revd 800 P.2d 1299; 5 BNA IER CAS 1555; 135 LRRM 2919 (Colo. 1990); cert. denied, 502 U.S. 973 (1991)